What to expect
When you arrive
- The main entrance is under the carport, across from the middle of the main parking lot.
- The worship center (gym) is to your right as you enter those doors.
- The welcome center is in the lobby as you enter. Information about the church is available here.
- A welcome team is available to help you to find your way or to answer your questions.
- Coffee is available before and after the services in the Community Area. Please help yourself!
- Plan to accompany your children to their activities or classes to register them for their initial visit. (Parents are asked to accompany children for check-in at every activity.)
- The pastor usually stands at the worship center door closest to the carport at the conclusion of the worship service. He would love to meet you!
Choose the time that works best for your family. A preschool nursery is provided during both services, and programming for children in Kindergarten through grade 6 is provided during the 11:00 AM worship service.
The 8:30 AM service and the 11:00 AM service include the same elements:
- A blend of music, led by a choir, praise team, and praise band
- An offering, when tithes and offerings are given by the members to further the work of the church and God's kingdom
- Guests are invited to fill out a connection slip and place it in the offering plate during the service so that we can provide information to them about activities and events at New Bridge
- A message presented by the pastor
- A response time, when those in attendance are invited to respond to the message that has been presented (praying with the pastor or another staff person, praying at the altar, or simply responding from your seat).
There is no formal dress code for our worship services. In the same worship service, you may see a suit and tie and someone in blue jeans. We invite you to come as you are.
Communion/The Lord's Supper
About six times a year, we celebrate the Lord's Supper as an observance and reminder of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross for our sins. We practice an open communion, meaning all those who are believers in Christ are welcome to join us.
If you have questions about what it means to be a believer in Christ, please contact us in the church office at 804-737-7331.
Guests and members alike are invited to attend a small group Bible study on Sunday mornings. All of our Sunday morning Bible study groups are open. Some groups are targeted to a specific age or gender, but members of the Welcome Team can help you to find a group that is just right for you.
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdF-xsQco-rXiFRA_MSha0xrFygVD3CSIOoTtS4cpuvDtyG-w/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>